Monday 10 August 2015

Suffolk House Restaurant

This place not only provides you fine dining but it also gives you a posh feel. The restaurant in located in a heritage mansion which is believed to be owned previously by Sir Francis Light. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor. The outdoor view was great as it overlooked the big piece of garden. You definitely wont feel that this place is located alongside the main road of Ayer Itam. Worth to note that this is an award-wining restaurant ;)

We ordered the Aussie beef and salmon *sorry for not noting the names down*

The beef looks a tad dry in this picture but if you choose to believe me, it's not as dry as it looks like. It is tender and juicy. Even so, I prefer the salmon. I've tasted different types of fish at different places. This IS DEFINITELY one of the top! Most places overcooked the salmon which cause a very strong salmon-characteristic flavour and smell. Some may love it but I prefer the smell and taste to be lighter. This piece of salmon *as picture below* was cooked to perfect moisture and taste!

I am a fish lover- Once, when I was travelling with my friends. She asked me, "why do you always order fish whenever we have dinner? and even when we're here in the UK, you're ordering fish again.". So, I guess my comments on the salmon is valid. 

We wanted to order desserts but the two choices we made were unavailable. It's okay, I will be back. 



Seared Scallop Ayer Itam with compliments from the kitchen

p/s: they serve lunch and high tea too! also bar with alcoholic drinks available. Heard that the menu changes from time to time, so don't be surprise if you don't see what I ordered :)


No comments:

Post a Comment